Registered RWC Inspections Station
In Queensland a roadworthy certificate is called a safety certificate. A safety certificate is needed when a registered light vehicle is offered for sale in Queensland. It confirms that a vehicle has passed a minimum safety standard inspection.
Vehicles included in this are:
- Cars, Uber, Taxi & Limo (LV & CL)
- Trailers (including caravans) with an aggregate trailer mass (ATV) of 0.751-3.50 tonnes (t)
- Any other vehicles up to 4.50 tonnes gross vehicle mass (GVM)
- Trucks with a weight from 4.5 tonnes up to 16 tonnes (RGCM)
This inspection covers the basics for the safe operation of the vehicle, such as:
- Seats and Restraints
- Lights and electrical Components
- Windscreen and windows
- Body and Chassis
- Steering and suspension
- Wheels and tyres
- Brake Components
- Engine and drive lines
- Exhaust emissions
- Road test and brake test
A safety certificate inspection is not a comprehensive mechanical inspection. However, if you are buying a used vehicle, you should contact Formula Automotive for your RWC, as we are a Full Mechanical Inspections RACQ approved workshop & can take care of your certificate requirements.
Getting a safety certificate You must display a safety certificate on a registered light vehicle from the moment you offer it for sale, including when you:
- List the vehicle for sale online
- Display that it is for sale in public
- Drive the car with a sign in the window offering it for sale, including wording such as ‘Buy me or interested?—Ph 1234 5678’.
Approved inspection stations are the only businesses in Queensland that can issue safety certificates – these are service stations, garages and workshops that have been approved by the Queensland Government.
Formula Automitive is one of those automotive workshops approved by the government to carry out RWC’s on behalf of road users and the automotive authority.
We are approved to do a complete Full Pre-Purchase Inspection on any vehicle.
Call Formula Automitive on: (07) 3392 3655 and speak diretly with our auto technicians to discuss your automotive requirements!
You can email us on: email@example.com if you would prefer us to contact you via email!